Monday, March 31, 2014
When I think of Norman,
My brain pops up with the images of Mary Fallin, Julie Cohen,
David and Molly Boren,
Plus Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History...
A town south of Oklahoma City and city Moore,
Norman has abundant attractions to explore.
Norman public schools are beautiful,
Advanced high school students from OSSM come to OU to enroll,
Sweet thanksgiving party with mathematical fellows,
Many thanks go to Huaqing Wu, Julia, Tao(Alan) and Meijun Zhu,
Recall the education excellence banquet at OKC cox convention center,
Incentives for high school graduates turn friendlier,
AP scholars, national merit finalists,
Football championships, broom sticks,
Norman's May is fulfilling,
Norman's May is as elegant as the poetry of Emily Dickerson.
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Open form Free Verse, One such poem is Robert Frost's "The Silken Tent".
- She is as in a field a silken tent
- At midday when a sunny summer breeze
- Has dried the dew and all its ropes relent,
- So that in guys it gently sways at ease,
- And its supporting central cedar pole,
- That is its pinnacle to heavenward
- And signifies the sureness of the soul,
- Seems to owe naught to any single cord,
- But strictly held by none, is loosely bound
- By countless silken ties of love and thought
- To everything on earth the compass round,
- And only by one's going slightly taut
- In the capriciousness of summer air
- Is of the slightest bondage made aware.