Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Joyful Bee Proposition (ABC Wednesday, Alphabet Thursday, Short Story Slam Week 23)

 




Alphabe-Thursday Letter J


If you were with me,
I would brush my daydream days by
with half a wink,
and half a spurn,
As joyful housewives do, a bee.
.
If I could halt sadness from my time,
I would cut July into piece,
and wrap them up in seaweed,
You'll be the first to sample the homemade sushi.
.
If you were the orchard next to my house,
I would plow the field in circles,
and let the rings that differ converge-
to a spot withholding your heart.
.
But, so far, considering the outcome
of the case, which seems common,
stop glittering illusions from goading me,
The pain and the sting, from the bumble bee.


Image Credit: Google.com

12 comments:

  1. divine talent,

    love the rhymes and wit in it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Your blog layout is amazing! Love it also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a good poet!

    Set of B's
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sting at the end is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great imagery. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that definitely conjured up some strong images. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of that was really clever. I was wondering where it was going then - zap! The sting in the tale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a stinging conclusion!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe some double meanings here?

    leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was very lovely! I really did enjoy the read! Have a beautiful weekend and thnaks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a jubiliant piece of poetry!

    I love the way the images shift with the viewers insight.

    This was fantastic.

    Thank you for linking to Alphabe-Thursday's letter 'J'.

    A+

    ReplyDelete