Friday, September 28, 2012

Me As Bat, Frog, or Eagle In Nature By Jo Shapcott

Judy Underwood, Chasing Rainbow, Via google.com




Thursday Flash Fiction Week 28: Innocence and Dreams


My life as a bat
is for hearing
the world.
/
If I pitch it right,
I can hear
just where you are.
/
If I pitch it right,
I can hear inside your body,
the state of your health.
/
and more, I can hear
into your mind.
But death is not listening.
/
My life as a frog
is for touching
other things.
/
I'm very moist
so I don't get
stuck in the water.
/
I'm very moist
so I can cling
onto your back
for three days
and nights.
Frog death is
separation.
/
My life as an eagle
is for seeing,
everything, far and near.
/
My eyes are sharp
and the density
of the air is subtle.
/
It's sweet enough
to surprise
the least of your being.
/
from extremely,
far away,
eagle death is
the blinded eyes.

9 comments: