Friday, May 10, 2013

Words to Mom When I Was a Teen by Vinayak Pablo Dunand



I wish I could let you know, Mom
How much you mean to me
But words can't even begin to
Make you really see

How much I really love you, Mom
How much I hold you dear
And I won't even think about
Life without you here

Ours is a hard relationship
But no matter how odd
There's respect, caring, and loyalty
And love, given to us by God

And as I'm writing this poem, Mom
The tears stream down my face
And I think about our past, Mom
And words I can't erase

But even though the scars stay put
They can heal over, with the years
And we can grow together, once again
And wipe away our tears

The sadness that you feel, Mom
It's not right, it's not good
Cause there's no one like you, Mom
I wish you understood

You feel you don't accomplish things
But it really seems to me
That what you do for others
Are things that you can't see

Do you look at understanding?
Can kindness and caring be measured?
And all the things that mean so much
Can they be added up and treasured?

No, life is a test not written down
And the scores cannot be seen
But that doesn't make it less important
For to God, what do accomplishments mean?




google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment